Skip to content
Recent Projects & News
- Home Sweet Home – Part 7 – Trends for 2021–What’s Out, What’s In? - We walk a fine line when determining what’s hot and what’s not, whether it be in the fashion industry or the building business. As you will see in the blog below, trends come and go, oftentimes quickly. Much of what makes a house a home is personal selections and these need not succumb to the … Continue reading "Home Sweet Home – Part 7 – Trends for 2021–What’s Out, What’s In?"
- Home Sweet Home – Part 6 – Outdoor Living - We have looked at the dramatic changes in homes over the past several decades–everything from front elevations to owner’s bathrooms. Our final segment looks at one of the most significant differences in today’s homes versus those built in the past 50 years–outdoor living spaces.
- Luxury Duplexes in Carolina Beach Coming Soon! - Introducing The Sundowner, luxury duplexes in Carolina Beach. Now is your chance to become the owner of one of these gorgeous homes! Coming soon, these duplexes will be located just 300 yards from the sand at 1308 and 1310 Snapper Lane in Carolina Beach.
- Home Sweet Home – Part 5 – The Office Alcove - Who would have thought an office space in a home would be a must? In bygone years, some larger homes included an office, but it was oftentimes more for “show” than regular use. Today, in large part due to the Coronavirus pandemic, office space in the home is essential. As you will see in Part … Continue reading "Home Sweet Home – Part 5 – The Office Alcove"
- Home Sweet Home – Part 4 – Exteriors - The evolution of homes over the past several decades has been constant. Part 4 of our series takes a look at exterior styles. It seems that what goes around, comes back around albeit in a modified fashion, particularly given enough time. Here’s a brief look at changing elevation styles from the 60s to the possible … Continue reading "Home Sweet Home – Part 4 – Exteriors"
- Join Us for the 2021 Spring Parade of Homes - Join us for the 2021 Spring Parade of Homes April 24-25 and May 1-2 from noon to 5 p.m. at the captivating riverfront community of River Bluffs in Castle Hayne, NC. Read on to learn more.
- Home Sweet Home – Part 3 – Fireplaces - The evolution of homes over the past several decades has been impressive. Part 3 of our series takes a look at the fireplace. Traditional wood-burning fireplaces have been around forever and in many settings make total sense. However, today’s homeowners have several intriguing options that serve both functional and aesthetic purposes. And they aren’t located … Continue reading "Home Sweet Home – Part 3 – Fireplaces"
- Home Sweet Home – Part 2 – Countertops - The evolution of homes over the past 40 years has been remarkable. Part 2 of our series takes a look at the transformation of countertops. In the 1970s, and many years prior, Formica was basically the only choice. It was invented in 1913 and reigned supreme for decades. In the 1980s, Corian gained considerable popularity. … Continue reading "Home Sweet Home – Part 2 – Countertops"
- They Said Yes! - Richard Wallace Builder, Inc. started the spec home at 516 Charlotte in late-December 2020. Just 6 weeks later this West Indies sprawling ranch sold! The happy buyers will be in by the end of summer and start enjoying “island life”! If island living sounds appealing, we have more speculative projects coming in 2021. We will … Continue reading "They Said Yes!"
- Home Sweet Home - Homes are a changing! The evolution of homes over the past 30 years has been astounding. Part 1 of our series takes a quick look at the Owner Bath. Even the name is different in 2021 as it used to be called the Master Bath.
- Contact Richard Wallace Builder -